Animal Health Service Center is an autonomous organization under the management of Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chiang Mai University. It was approved by Chiang Mai University Council to be established in accordance with Chiang Mai University regulations on 16 November 1999 with independent from bureaucratic system and operate flexibly. “Animal Health Service Center” was changed to “Chiang Mai University Animal Hospital-CMUAH” in 2020. CMUAH comprises of Small Animal Hospital, Large Animal Hospital, Mae On Animal Hospital and Veterinary Diagnostic and Laboratory Center.
• Providing animal health extension services to communities in the Northern region
• Support teaching and learning in clinical practice and field practice for veterinary students of Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chiang Mai University
• Promoting livestock industries relating to export animal products
• Giving advice and be a Coordinating Center for animal health care in the Northern region, including being a reference resource for searching information on animal health management.
• Supporting researches to solve animal health problems, veterinary public Health concerns and environments that effect persons.
• Providing animal health care services and be a best quality support source with advanced technologies for teaching, learning and research
• Operating the animal hospital in accordance with the objectives of establishing CMU Animal Hospital and will support the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chiang Mai University on educational activities and practice of students at the CMU Animal Hospital
• Being a reference source in animal health care and treatment for private practitioners and animal health service agencies in the Northern region
• Being an academic source of research support to solve the animal health problems